re: Pannier Installation

>  From: "Neil Lindsey" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>, on 03/29/2000 13:50:
>  I have the 2-bag pannier system, and actually had to ask for the extra parts
>  back.  I got back the original turn signals, an aluminum bracket that's
>  about 10" long (I'm assuming that this is the original grab rail that is
>  mentioned below but would like confirmation please as I didn't even realize
>  that the lifting handle kit was an add-on), and another odd-shaped black
>  bracket about 4" long and 2-3" wide.  I don't know what it is, but it may
>  have had something to do with the seat lock.  I would have thought that if
>  the seat lock had to be modified for the panniers, it would have been
>  re-located for better access when the panniers are on.   So am I right about
>  the bracket, or was there something else that should have been done when the
>  panniers were installed?
>
>  Neil
>  '99 Black ST

Yes, the aluminum bracket is the grab rail. You should now have a fold-out
handle for getting her up on her centrestand. I like it much better. The black
bracket was part of the installation, too, but I don't know exactly what it is,
either. It does seem they could've relocated the seat lock to a location easily
accessible with the panniers on, doesn't it?

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA
	'00 blue ST (~1 month old, 1800 miles, shifts great!)