RE: screws, tyres and rear brake

At 08:52 AM 3/24/00 -0800, Penick, Stephen wrote:
>maintaining or cleaning.  Is there any technique you can suggest for
>checking the pads for wear?  If it requires disassembly, then I may just
>have the dealer look into it when I have the rear tyre replaced in a week or
>so.

The pads really should be removed to check them. While it is a little time
consuming, it does not require the removal of the wheel. I don't have the
manual in front of me, but I believe that the service limit is 1.5mm of pad
material left, or if the pad has worn to the groove on any section.

>How long do you figure these pads last?

That depends on how and where you ride. I do a lot of rural riding (not
city stop and go) and will easily get 12,000 miles on my rear and will be
close on my fronts.

- - Eric