RE: 500 mile Service

Work is going to be pulling me out of town for the middle of next week, so I
have decided to let them have it while I am gone.  I will find out what they
will be doing and their need for keeping it for so long.  I am also going to
let TOA know about my experience, if for nothing else just so I can feel I
did something about this.  Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.  I will
use it all as ammo in trying to figure out why they needed hours to work on.

Blake:  You are right about Coleman.  I rode with a guy who needed a new
tire mounted.  He took the wheel in off the bike, was charged 35.00, they
lost a spacer (rear wheel) and would not buy the new one (said it wasn't
their when he brought it in) and forgot to mention that new tires needed to
be scrubed in (maybe he should have known, but...) and he dumped it in his
driveway.  I only use coleman to check Helmet sizes before I order.  I
figure as large as they are I am not hurting anyting.    I did not buy from
Cycle Sport because they would not deal on the price at all (when I was up
there a week or two ago they still had the RS sitting in their showroom.)  I
went with RS Sport Cycles in Mechanicsville because they were willing to
deal abit.  Once this service is over I will be doing my own service.  I
will probably use Cycle Sport to do EFI work.  I lived in Herndon while I
grew up and always wanted to buy a bike from them but they were not willing
to budge on the price, but their service dept. is a different dept!!!!  We
will have to ride when you get back form Freddie Spencer's school!!!

   Cheers,
David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS
Fredericksburg, Va.