Rallye 2000 (2 of 3)

It's finally here !!!!!! The Triumph Sport Riders Association, Inc. proudly
presents "Rallye 2000 - Riding the Ridge"....

The Blue Ridge, that is......

That's right - the famous Blue Ridge Parkway !!!  Located in beautiful
western North Carolina, we will be able to experience some of the best
roads that the US has to offer (insert - Wahoo!!! here). Spectacular
mountain roads, great views, clean air, waterfalls, National Forests, green
meadows, little fuzzy bunny rabbits.... ok, so I am getting a little
carried away - I can't help it - I am really excited about this event !!!

Everyone east of the Mississippi should be able to make it in a day. Here
are some sample mileages to the Asheville area : Melbourne FL 614 // Miami
FL 788 // Tampa FL 666 // Dallas TX 976 // Houston TX 1008 // Santa Fe NM
1537 // San Diego CA 2356 (ouch) // Phoenix AZ 2008 // Denver CO 1455
//  Kansas City KS 856 // St Paul MN 1058 // Chicago IL 656 // Cleveland OH
537 // Syracuse NY 769 // Toronto Ontario 777 // Pittsburgh PA 456 // New
York NY 678 // Boston MA 901 // Washington DC 479 // St. Louis MO 606 //
Tulsa OK 930. To date, we have Rallyers coming from Pennsylvania (2),
Florida (3), Texas (8), Kansas (1) and Missouri (1) - for those without a
calculator, that's 15 before the event was even officially announced.

Last year, Mark and Mike both completed Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000's on the
way to the Rallye, so if you're coming from somewhere around the 1k mark
you may want to consider that as well.

This year's Rallye is planned for the 18th and 19th (Friday and Saturday)
of August. Plan on arriving on August 17th and departing on the 20th (or
later) so we all can get in two good days of riding and camaraderie. One of
the common questions that always comes up is the concern over the pace of
the riding. This event will be a ride at your own pace event. We do not
want anyone to feel like they have to ride faster than they are comfortable
with. Our job is to get everyone together and give you a set of roads that
we think will allow you to have an awesome time. Your job is to enjoy the
ride :-)

Our base of operations this year will be the Pisgah Inn (www.pisgahinn.com)
located right on the Blue Ridge Parkway about 20 minutes SW of Asheville.
They have a great view and keep us located close to the good riding :-) All
the rooms come with a view at no extra charge - can't beat that. They have
a restaurant on-site and have a private dining area which we have reserved
for Breakfast and Dinner on Friday and Saturday. We will also provide
suggested lunch stops along the riding route so no need to worry about
where you are going to eat. (Please note that we are not planning on
picking up the cost of any meals at this time. We simply thought it would
be great if we could enjoy meals together before and after a day's ride).

We also have a Triumph dealer located about 20 minutes away from Pisgah
that has pledged his support should anyone have parts or service needs.

Now, I can't stress this enough - if you are going to go, please call now
and reserve your room. There is a limited number of rooms left for this
weekend - I will give everyone on the ST/RS list a couple of days to make
the reservations before I post the information on other lists. If you wait
I cannot guarantee that you will be able to get a room..... and believe me,
you don't want to miss this event !!! Call now ! Call Now ! Call Now !

For reservations at the Pisgah Inn, call 828.235.8228 and ask for Joyce or
Bruce - if you call after 5PM EST you will probably get the machine as they
don't officially open for the season until April 1st (they still had snow
on the ground a couple of days ago). Please be sure to ask them to specify
the "Triumph Group" on your reservation - that will allow us to figure out
how many people have reserved. Rooms are available at $73 (standard) and
$85 (deluxe) (see the website for descriptions) and they accept MC and Visa
(they will bill your card for one evening to reserve the room).

We are still in the process of finalizing costs, so rather than give you a
number that was too low (not collecting enough) or too high (collecting too
much) we will come up with a final number once we get all the paperwork
done and have a better idea of how many people will be coming. Right now we
are planning on the registration for the TSRA Rallye being around $30 for
riders and $20 for passengers (final cost will be +/- $5). Registration
includes a "Riding the Ridge" Rallye T-Shirt, route maps, access to the
dining area and a membership in the T.S.R.A. which will be valid through
Dec 31st, 2000. We will email everyone with the final cost and the address
to send the registration to.

Please email me at Rallye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx when you have reserved with your
name, number of people in your party, number of rooms reserved, bike
make/model/year, T-shirt size, phone number and any other important info
(like dietary needs) that you feel we need to know about. Also be sure to
include a couple of Dawg name choices (see next email)...

- - Eric