Re: What's green and red

>Highlights include the river crossing (nothing like crossing
>flowing water....)

They finally fixed the road last year, but during the El Nino year the
biggest water crossing (there are three or four depending upon the rain)
completely washed out the road. I was riding with a friend John and his
friend Andy, who races a TZ250, and has a 916 and an ST1100. Andy was
riding the ST1100 that day, and not only is Andy fast, he has more balls
than most anyone I know. I was right behind Andy as we approached the water
crossing, and not only did it look much deeper than usual, but the road did
appear damaged, so I slowed up and stopped short because I wanted a closer
look. Not Andy! He just charged right on through and got about halfway
through it when the ST1100 dropped about a foot and came to a dead stop.
The bike started tilting and I thought for sure that balancing a bike that
big in the middle of a creek was a lost cause, but heroically he got it
upright. Then with a major amount of gas he was able to get it out of the
hole and back onto the pavement on the other side. That's the worst I've
seen it.

One other time when it was just a trickle, and I did blast through it
without even slowing, a couple of Harley guys were parked looking at it
like they were going to have to turn around. I guess they didn't want to
mess up their chrome.

The cows you do have to watch out for because most of the area is
rangeland. Worse than the cows though is all of the cow crossings, you
really want to make sure the bike is upright before you cross them, and
there are a couple in the middle of turns that make that rather interesting.

But for anyone you contemplating a trip out here, definitely hook up on
Patterson Rd. and Mines Rd.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com