Re: Fork stress???

Another thought: I'll guess there is a fair amount of stress in this
area but since Garry reports no cracking of the paint around the
other side maybe when the forks are painted there was not enough flex
agent added to the paint. Since flex was not an issue who ever was
painting them wouldn't have added extra flex agents to the paint (
FWIW Flex agents are added to paints when they will be applied to
area's that are know to flex ie body panels or car bumpers, etc)
Since the area with the pinch bolts will flex more than the other
solid side this could explain the paint cracking. Also if the pinch
bolts are over or under torqued than this added stress might cause
paint cracking to this area. In any case I hope Triumph / Showa looks
at this problem carefully, if this is a harbinger of a failure in
this location it could be catastrophic. I wonder if any of the other
Triumphs or bikes with this Showa fork have had this problem??? I
also wonder if an outfit like RaceTech has seen a problem like this??

Erik