Nuts, bolts, and lube

Just a heads up for everyone. The other day I found that a major nut
on the pannier mounts had worked it's way loose and was GONE !!  I'd
recommend that in one's free time to check these all for tightness .
I also removed many critical ones and used a thread lock compound
them.

Also on the shifter linkage. I removed mine today to re lube it ( yes
it was dry, and it even squeaked) but what I also found was that some
of the old lube was on the threads of the large bolt at the rear
(making it VERY easy to loosen). I cleaned re lubed everything and
again thread locked this very important bolt. Don't think I'd like
the shifter coming off!

Erik