Re: Oil and Fuel

Eric Miner wrote:

> >2.  "The manual says to use 10w-40 full or semi synthetic."  I use
> >Motorex Power Synt 4T
> This is a full Ester based synthetic. 5-50 wt. The Motul 300V is also
> full Ester based synthetic I believe it's a 15-50 wt I'd have no
> problem using the Motul it's great stuff.

Hi Eric,

This week I had a very interesting telephone conversation with Ulrich
Bonsels, technical director of Triumph Germany. One of our topics was the
choice of the best possible motor oil for the Sprint ST/RS engine. He told
me that using a 5W-XX motorcycle oil on the Sprint is a big NO NO! Obviously
Triumph is experiencing problems with the starter free drive (I hope that´s
how it is called in English) - and these problems are frequently caused by
the use of an oil with very low viscosity (5W-XX). Mr Bonsels told me that
even the (officially recommended) 10W-40 is not the first choice. He highly
recommended to use a full synthetic 15W-XX oil. So the Motul 300V 15W-50
seems to be the a very good choice.

Ride Safe

Thomas