RE: Pipes

We had Staintune on our Superhawk, very nice quality, ours had the removable
central core which allowed some measure of tuning for back pressure and
noise. The pipe is packed with stainless and claims to never need repacking.
Any pipe with fiberglass packing will need a repack within about 10,000
miles. I have had 2 recent Vance and Hines (Suzuki B1200 and Buell M2)which
while perfect at first (and gave good performance gains) got too loud for my
tastes after a while. Repacking with Vance & Hines kit did not restore the
as original sound level, they remained pretty loud for my taste.
Paul & Dee