Is an extended warranty worth it?

Greetings,

When I purchased my '00 blue Sprint ST 2.5 weeks ago, the salesman offered a warranty
for $825 that would add four years to the Triumph two year warranty. There is a $25 dollar
deductable with each warranty-covered repair.

The question: based on the repair experience of long term owners of Triumph
motorcycles, is an extended warranty a worthwhile investment or would I reap better
return by leaving the $825 in a savings account and use it for future repairs after the
Triumph warranty expires?

(Of course, as he tells me about the extended warranty, I am thinking: "Are you telling
me that the quality of this motorcycle you're about to sell to me is so pathetic and that
it is going to fall apart after two years that I would be foolish not to purchase this warranty?")

Kevin Hoskins
Audio Applications, National Semiconductor Corp.
408-721-2594
"Just because you can does not mean you should."