RE: TIRE MILEAGE

Hey, Burt.

For three years I ran BT57s on a GPz1100, which is at least 80 pounds
heavier than an ST.  Consistently got 8000 miles on the front and 6000 on
the rear.  Commuted during the week but tore up the twisties on the
weekends.  Never did any high speed, long distance, slab travel.
Bridgestones are somewhat notorious for being under-engineered.  Witness
their racing effort.  They will hold up fine and are a good bargain only if
you don't take them to their limits.  I would guess yours were done in by
high speed (read high heat) duty on the slab.  Personally, I don't mind
having BTs as OEM equipment, because I never go that hard on a machine for
the first few thousand miles anyway.  However, nowadays I change to
Michelins (Dunlops, Pirellis, or Metzelers are also well-respected) at the
first opportunity.  YMMV.

Crash

End of st-digest V2000 #98