Re: Humm....!!!

>At 03:45 AM 3/9/00 -0500, Gregory D. Girard wrote:
>Pulsing lights are fine, but the 36% frontal crash data was based on 1998
>figures.
>
>Greg Girard

I understand that - I published a lot of those figures to the list. My
point was that you cannot base your conclusions on data derived from the
Hurt report - it is too old an out of date.

I was trying to make the point that the difference between high beam and
low beam during the day probably will not help an oncoming car determine
how fast you are moving. People see the bikes (even if they say they don't
- - how many people at a crash will say "yes I saw the bike but thought I
could beat it" ?) but don't realize until too late that they are moving a
lot faster that it appears.

- - Eric