Re: for Matt - lane changers

>    As you approach a slower car in the adjacent lane, being in the
>left side of your lane removes you from his sideview mirror sooner.
>You might consider being in the right side of your lane as you
>approach the adjacent car (for visibility) and moving to the left
>side of your lane (for maneuvering room) as you overtake.

Given how dense traffic is in the Bay Area, I'd probably be arrested for
drunk driving because of all the weaving back and forth. Also given how few
people seem to even check their mirrors, I still feel I'm safer to have the
extra room by using the left side of the lane. Plus if traffic comes to a
screeching halt, it provides a faster exit to the median.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com