Re: Humm....!!!

At 09:14 AM 3/8/00 -0500, Gregory D. Girard wrote:
>drivers at 32%. It has been conclusively determined for years by both the
>famour Hurt Report and many others that frontal visibility is the most
>critical factor in avoiding these deadly "left turn" type accidents and many
>others like it. I believe that  is it is a fair, reasonable, and defensible

Just remember that when the Hurt report was published daytime running
lights were not mandated on motorcycles.

Many reports have also shown that it is not just a matter of visibility,
but also the inability of the average cager to properly judge the speed of
an oncoming motorcycle. While doing things like running pulsing lights or
high beams etc will help there is no substitute for defensive driving. SIPDE

- - Eric