Perspex Problems!

Searching for advice/suggestions and trying to save the cost of a new
screen.  I know it's not really ST stuff but it is Triumph!

The "Boss" dropped her Legend today and apart from being in Doom & Gloom
land, is OK. However amongst the minor damage inflicted she had scratched
the edge of the Triumph Roadster screen that was fitted 2 weeks ago! I
managed to blend the scratches out just fine, except that the screen seems
to have a coating applied over the Perspex. The blending has removed this
coat, and left a line which is noticeable. No amount of polishing will move
this as it just removes more of the coating.

Do any of the UK list members know of anyone/company that can work wonders
with Perspex. I am obviously trying to avoid the £230 a new screen kit
costs, sure in the knowledge that Triumph will not simply sell me a new
Perspex blade without all the fittings.

Grateful for any ideas or suggestions!!

Regards

Dave McCarthy