Re: Miscellaneous questions

<Timothy.Challenger@xxxxxx>
> Subject: RE:  Miscellaneous questions
>
> >> For the first mile or so, it's basically
> impossible for me to shift out
> >> of first gear... after that, it's a little stiff,
> but OK.  Is this
> >> just normal new bike stiffness?

I just picked up my new blue 2000 Sprint ST from my
dealer today....couldn't get the damn thing out of
first gear and thought that I was just a wimp with my
boot...50 miles later it's getting a little easier.
Paul Woodworth

I also just picked up my sapphire blue Sprint ST (last
Saturday). However, I had no trouble with the shifting
performance. Never missed a shift. Upshifts were as
easy as downshifts. It performed no differently than
the demo I road, which had about 2000 miles on the clock
(at least when I got done with the test ride) :-). In
fact, the smooth shifting performance of the demo bike
was not an insignificant factor in my decision to
purchase my Sprint.

Kevin Hoskins
Audio Applications, National Semiconductor Corp.
408-721-2594
"Just because you can does not mean you should."