High speed - was bad news

Subject: High speed - was bad news

Richard wrote --->
I typically hate to boast of high speed, especially since we do not have
the bike to take the checkered flag in this area, also because to
achieve a top speed on a bike simply takes a twist of the throttle and
tuck in behind the screen.  I prefer to hear when  people achieve great
track times around a technical road coarse.
- ---
True, but my riding skills on track aren't great and it's fun to be immature
& have a go for top speed in a straight line sometimes, especially when you
live in Germany :-)

Fastest I've seen on the speedo so far was 235 km/h = 146 mph, don't think I
had the bags on the bike but a bit more might be possible now that The
Ballast can stay awake on the back and has learnt to lean forward and hug me
when I tuck behind the screen (see, I said it was fun!)

Now that I think I've got the right magnet for the Sigma I shall have to go
out and, er, test its calibration again.

For Richard: you might find the sensor on your Sigma has slipped and moved
away from the magnet, or perhaps water has got into the sensor - it has a
small hole at each end which I blocked up with glue on mine.  If the cable
didn't have enough slack then fork travel might have caused a faulty contact
too.

Neil