Re:RS power shortage

As a prospective RS buyer, I had a chance to ride a 2K  955RS at Simi valley
Triumph last weekend.
based on the ride I had in april of 99 on a 955 speed triple at Sears point
raceway Triumph test rides, the 2K Rs felt noticeably  weaker in
accelleration and top end.
These are supposed to be the same engine, what's the story Triumph???????
Where's the 10+ horses, untill I get a satisfactory I'm postponing my
purchase.

Bill Edwards              Simi Valley Ca.