Re: Intro & RS saddlebag install problems..

"Otaiwan (Tai) Day" <tai.day@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hey Dave, Welcome and congratulations on a most beautiful bike.

Thanks! You know, all these ST people can debate whether blue or red is
better but we RS'ers know that yellow, Racing Yellow in particular, being
the lightest color weighs less and is therefore the fastest color. QED.

> There are rubber stops on the tips of the screw-clips, move those a bit
> out to gain some space on your screw. Then use brute force to get the
> clips and scews together.

Hmm.. They're already pushed all the way back to the panel. I might be able
to force it into the clip but am reluctant to put that much into it. Figure
it's more likely that I did something wrong or got a couple bad brackets.

I took a couple quick pictures of them tonight..

Left side: http://www.ultranet.com/~ddurant/bike/FLBracket.JPG
Right side: http://www.ultranet.com/~ddurant/bike/FRBracket.JPG

Does it look to you (or anybody else) like there's too much space between
the footrest and the bracket?? I can't help but think that it shouldn't take
so much effort to get the panel on..

> Remember to make sure the insides of your protective panels are
> clean and dry.

Okay - if I ever get the damn things on.. :)

A few other people asked what these panel protectors look like. Not ignoring
you mail, just haven't had time today. I'll try to get some pictures
together this weekend.

>> Can I be Plaid Dawg???
> Gee, plaid is my favorite color.

:)