Subject: Tank bag for the ST / Motorcycle lift

Stu,
    Tank Bag - I bought an Eclipse for my ST. It is very capacious and holds
a lot even without employing its considerable expandability. The front
harness stays on the bike held up by a rubber piece. The rear is just looped
under the seat where the tongue fits under the tank. It has 3 plastic quick
release buckles and detaches and reattaches easily. I just pop the rear
buckle and tip it forward to refuel. It comes with a rain cover and has a
top compartment for gloves and such, side pockets for maps and a zippered
rain cover pocket. The tank pad is neoprene. The only knock is the map
compartment which is a plastic ziplock affair, inflates at highway speeds
making it difficult to read the map. Maybe that's a safety feature, so you
stop to do it. Anyway, I paid about $100 for it last year. It's well made
and fits and works well. I have the Triumph CF look tank guard to protect
the tank from the buckle at the rear.
Ciao,
Bob - '99 red ST

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------