Bits and Bobs

On the subject of lights, I see in today's MCN from the first photo of the
new 1800cc GoldWing that it has four lights.

On the subject of screens.  I have recently fitted a Powerbronze Double
Bubble.  It is well made and looks the business with a black painted bottom
section and dark tinted top bubble section when fitted to my Black ST.
After having the tall screen on for such a long time it was really good to
get a clean flow of air and a vast reduction in noise.  I only need to duck
down a few inches to be right out of the wind, so I believe the wind is
hitting me about face level.  I took her up to 110mph and it was very
stable.

Just fitted some Azaro II Touring Tyres and after running them in, they do
appear to be all they are cracked up to be.  I just hope that the wear rate
isn't as bad as the race versions.  The rear has an unusual tread pattern
which the eye can take some getting used to.

Finally, just for the record.  There is a small spring at the bottom of the
clutch cable which the end hook has broken for some unknown reason and I
will be getting Bridge to replace it at my imminent 12k service.  The clutch
return still works OK and you can feel no difference when comparing it
directly with another ST.

Other than the clutch cable spring and the ubiquitous replacement fuel gauge
which I had changed to try to establish more accuracy, I haven't had a thing
go wrong with my bike not a stutter from the engine, a poor start or soggy
brakes.  It handles well enough for me whether with one or two up on the
very varied Devon and Cornwall roads without change to my settings, and all
in all I am hopelessly in love with it.  I am sure that many other
manufacturers would be hard pressed to claim the same about their machines,
particularly when the model in question represented a monumental leap
forward from anything they had produced before.

Phil "Black Dawg" Guy