Euro lights

Jim at 11:48 30/08/2000 , you wrote:
>     Unfortunately the legislation appears to have been written by BDCs,
>as usual, and I suspect the wording is along the lines of "where two
>headlights are fitted, only one may be illuminated at time".  I've
>started noticing that Honda Blackbirds in this country only seem to use
>one bulb for dip, and with their stacked headlights they couldn't
>possibly be taken for cars.

I always thought that the Blackbirds light was split with one part being
dip and the other high. Maybe it was this law that gave the Triumph
designers the idea for the free 'Y' fronts on the TT600. I wonder what
design new bikes will incorporate. Do you think Triumph and the other
manufactures will move towards a single light unit. I hope future ST & RS
don't get the 'Y' fronts design. The Fireblade seems to have a good idea
for getting around this with a single center dip and two high beams either
side (well at least that's what it looks like to me, not sure if that's
exactly how it operates).

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & LongTail (00 Blue ST)"

Disclaimer:
I can't under any circumstances be held liable for any spelling mistakes
due to my dyslexic keyboard.