RE: Brake Pads

> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On
> Behalf Of David McCarthy
>
> They are stated to wear the disks out quicker, but I recall
> a post from some time ago, that another lister had got some
> 27000 miles out of his disks before replacement. Worth it
> for the improved power.

That was me. I think that part of the reason the disks were worn out
at 27K was because I had two sets of Ferodo pads on there. Those
things seemed to chew the disk up pretty well. I got a set of EBC HH
pads on there now and they seem to be lasting longer than the stock
pads (8K and they are about half gone) with about the same rotor wear.

When the rotors wear out, a set of EBC disks won't be too bad an
option. The cost is about the same as the stock rotors; ~$300.00 each,
or ~$600.00 for the set.