Re: Fuel Sender resolution

Sorry to ask another question on the fuel sender issue, but does anyone know
what the specific cause is of the problem, that is, what is specifically
causing the senders to start leaking exactly. (I've heard two theories, one
is the epoxy in the wires and the other is pinched sender gaskets). I'm
sitting here worrying that my newly replaced sender is going to spring a
leak and fill my garage with flammable liquid and gas. Or even worse, one of
us will go on a ride to some out of the way place, hours from a dealer or a
garage, and then get stuck in some back road, miles from help, with a sender
leaking fuel all over a hot engine...

So I guess I'm asking "How do I know whether my sender is ok and not one of
the ones that is going to leak?" Did Triumph provide an answer about that
Eric? Or are we supposed to wait until the leak occurs before we know the
answer? I apologise for asking about this issue, but I am actually genuinely
concerned about this. I have been since I replaced the sender a month or two
ago and I saw the posts begin about people's senders leaking. (One of the
great benefits of this list is that we get a heads up on what's happening to
other people's ST's and we get collective information gathering and idea
generation). So I think the continued dialogue about this issue is actually
useful, and a lot less boring than never ending postings about powder coated
wheels and which colour is faster (apologies to those who find these topics
fascinating).

- - Grunter