Re: Fuel Sender Official Count

- --------------C15AA7F87751FEC741986125

Robert Smith wrote:

> What is Triumph doing about this?

Eric was able to get some info from Triumph which he posted here on Aug. 23.  The
post is reprinted below:

Robert Smith wrote:
Eric was able to get some info from Triumph which he posted here on Aug.
23.&nbsp; The post is reprinted below:
<pre>First, let me apologize for the delay in this response. Was having too much&nbsp;
playing at the Rallye and then have been trying to catch up for the last&nbsp;
couple of days. I noticed several posts about the fuel senders while I was&nbsp;
away and wanted to update the information and address a couple of issues.&nbsp;
Before I begin, please be aware that this is not a personal attack on&nbsp;
anyone that has posted. This is a posting of my opinions and then some&nbsp;
factual information from Triumph. If you disagree with my opinions, please&nbsp;
feel free to do so and if you feel the need to do so in writing please&nbsp;
direct any comments to me off list - thanks.

First - it was asked why Triumph was not doing more about the problem. Here&nbsp;
is my .02 - They have been working on the problem - and have been doing so&nbsp;
for quite some time. Unfortunately it is not just a matter of picking up&nbsp;
the phone, calling the supplier and telling them to have a new one on the&nbsp;
line the next day. The part needs to be redesigned, manufactured, tested&nbsp;
and if all passes ok, put into production. If they find a problem, the&nbsp;
process starts over again. It is not an issue of having to apply pressure&nbsp;
to Triumph - just because you don't see what is going on behind the scenes,&nbsp;
please don't naturally assume that nothing is happening. IMHO making&nbsp;
comments comparing this issue to the current Firestone mess is&nbsp;
irresponsible and is only offered to excite the issue.

Second - as to future claims for those worried about being out of warranty,&nbsp;
I would guess that Triumph would handle it the same way as it has handled&nbsp;
similar out of warranty issues. For preexisting problems, the issue is&nbsp;
normally handled as in warranty. That being said, if you are concerned I&nbsp;
would talk it over with your service manager to determine the best course&nbsp;
of action before your&nbsp; warranty expires.

Now, onto the news: I have been in contact with Triumph about this issue -&nbsp;
I didn't make threats or apply pressure - I only asked to be updated on the&nbsp;
status so that I can keep the list informed. The information that I&nbsp;
received is as follows:

The part number is T2400526 and is used in the Sprints and Tigers.

There is a new version of the fuel sender which has been in the US for&nbsp;
approximately two weeks - Triumph is expecting this to be the final version&nbsp;
of this part (which means that they have tested it harder, and so far it&nbsp;
seems to be holding up). All old stock at ToA has been returned to the U.K.

The new fuel senders can be identified by the two dots (1 red and 1 green)&nbsp;
on the bottom (on the metal piece, where the wires come out). If you are&nbsp;
having problems with the leak, you need to contact your dealer and arrange&nbsp;
for this new part to be fitted under warranty.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!! Be sure to check for the two dots - some&nbsp;
dealers ordered extra units - if you get one of the older revisions you may&nbsp;
have future problems. If they have ordered one in the last two weeks, they&nbsp;
will have the newly revised part.

Hopefully this will be the final fix, and we can return to our discussions&nbsp;
of which colour is fastest...... ;-)

- - Eric</pre>

- --------------C15AA7F87751FEC741986125--