torn seat

Hello all,

I noticed a rip in my seat this past weekend while cleaning my ST.  It's
approx. 1" in length and is located underneath along the edge.  Has this
happened to anyone else or is it just bad luck for me?  Any suggestions on
how to repair it would be much appreciated.  Also, is there any chance of
this being covered under warranty?  I'm assuming it's not, but I've only
owned the bike less than 2 months and know for sure I didn't drop the seat or
anything else to cause a tear.  The seat cover doesn't seem all that strong.

TIA
- -Mike Johnson
'00 ST blue