RE: Brake Pads

Rick

I had a problem with front brakes on my 2000 ST at 5500 miles. The
efficiency went downhill fast!
My dealer took a look at them and blamed it on "glaze" on the pads.

He gave me 3 options:

1.	Clean the glaze off which would last a couple of hundred miles then be
back to being useless!

2.	Replace the OEM pads with new OEM pads at silly money. Apart from that
the glazed pads were less than 1/3 worn.

3.	Fit EBC HH pads at about 1/3 of the cost of OEM.

I took the EBC option. The stopping power is now immense!! The downside is
they will not last as long as the OEM, but at 1/3 of the cost, who cares.
They are stated to wear the disks out quicker, but I recall a post from some
time ago, that another lister had got some 27000 miles out of his disks
before replacement. Worth it for the improved power. So they wear out. I
would rather stop and have worn disks than scrape the remains off the back
of some cage! One thing with the sintered pads is that they will "sing" with
the brakes on. Nothing to worry about, but weird the first time you ever
hear it. Now when I get to 27000 mile worn out disks I will fit EBC disks
too.

Dave Mac

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!