Re: for Ken Mitchell - Re: fuel sender- official count

OK, I've decided, I'm not taking my RS in for it's 6000 mile
service when it's due; that service must be rough on the fuel
sender...

Seriously, though, I wonder why this should happen.  Do they
remove the gas tank for the 6000 mile service, and thus
somehow damage the sender?  Maybe they put the tank on the
floor in such a way that the sender is being crushed???  Does it
extend out from the bottom somehow?

I can understand the tank being removed for the 12000, when
they have to get to the intake valves for the valve clearance
check, but I don't know what part of the 6000 mile service might
require it; are the valves also checked at that service, too?

- -Keith
'00 RS
Fremont, CA, USA