re: Donnydogood's Conundrum

>      My question obviously is:  Will the allowable period for my
>  'right to a speedy trial' have already expired when I appear in
>  court? Would it be proper for me to request a dismissal on this
>  basis?

	My most humble, unprofessional opinion (I'm not a lawyer) is that this
kind of legal sleight of hand should be left to lawyers, from whom judges
expect it. If a defendant tries it himself, it won't look good. So my
off-the-cuff advice would be to get a lawyer to do it for you if you want to
try it.

FWIW, YMMV, etc, etc,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	Spring, Texas, USA

P.S.	My first citation on a bike was last Wednesday on the way to the
rallye: 78 in a 60 on I-40 in Arkansas with three of my fine fellow dawgs.  :-(