Donnydogood's Conundrum

    I have a California legal question, regarding which one of my
more knowledgeable fellow riders might be willing to offer his
opinion.

    Some time ago, I received a citation for passing (and it was on
Passover, of all days) over the solid double-yellow lines (Oh,... the
shame of it all!).

    The appearance date on the ticket was July 14th and I appeared at
the courthouse on that date as promised and requested a hearing. The
court set a date for my hearing on the afternoon of August 29th. I
waived none of my rights.

    The notice of arraignment and trial date (which I had to sign)
specifies, among other things, my right to a speedy trial i.e. within
45 calendar days. I just figured out that Aug. 29th is FORTY-SIX days
after my appearance date.

    My question obviously is:  Will the allowable period for my
'right to a speedy trial' have already expired when I appear in
court? Would it be proper for me to request a dismissal on this
basis?

    Any comments from my fellow miscreants will be welcomed.

                                donnydogood    - - - o%\o