Re: Rear Seat Luggage

Mark Dieck wrote:
> Has anyone seen/tried the rear seat luggage that Triumph offers. It shows up on
> their accessory page, under general accessories, rear seat luggage. I'm going to
> be going out on a couple day trip and the tank bag while expandable, I don't
> believe will provide enough room. I like the idea of having the Triumph badged
> stuff, sort of shows more support for the marque.

Hi Mark,

If you are asking about the soft saddle bags, I'll give you my endorsement. They
are fab. The mounting sleeve (no better way to describe) that goes over the
pillion section of the seat is grand. Easy snap on and off with a strap that
secures the front of the bags.  The protective plastic panels are nice, but take
care to clean the insides before installing. I had my panels and luggage on for
over two weeks and the heat of the exhaust, weather and road grime melted a some
of the foam padding, a very little at that. I have pinpoint black spot on the
underside of the rear sides. It's nothing.

The bags are sturdy and very useful. They expand, I don't recall the capacity.
The rain covers are pretty cool. I mangled mine because I thought I would carry
it else where, but they ended up exactly where they're attached. I'll sew them
back on to the bags, Duh!

- --
Tai Day
'00 RS