for Steven - Another shifter

 Neil wrote :
 >>>on the way to work I went to down-shift for a turn and the
connecting rod snapped at the end of the threaded section, on the end
connected to the shifter fork shaft. The dealer is going to replace
it under warrantee <<<

 I had the EXACT same thing happen; had to ride 40 miles in 4th. I
pulled into the shop at the back of my dealer and complained that my
bike was stuck in fourth.    =;o)

 My dealer (Orange Co. Triumph) took the part off a new bike that was
sitting on the showroom floor and sent me on my way. To make sure it
never happened again, I ordered a spare to carry in my tool kit. When
it arrived, just a small straight rod about 6in long and 1/4in.
thick, Triumph's price was SIXTEEN DOLLARS! The Gods really are
crazy!!

                                       doggydo   - - - o%\o