Re: Buffetting

In a message dated 8/23/00 11:57:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When riding motorways and bypasses (interstate type roads) my bike weaves
>  slightly when behind a large vehicle. I know I am in dirty air and the
flow
>  is not smooth but the front seems to twitch. I don't remember this
>  happening on any other bike I have ridden.
>
>  The setup is as follows:
>
>  No panniers
>  Rear pre-load increased from standard by one turn.
>  Front pre-load increased from standard by one turn.
>  Stock BT57 tyres.
>  ZG Double Bubble screen.
>
>  I'm putting Azaro's on at the weekend to see if it makes a difference, but
>  does this happen to anybody else?
>
>  Keith W Peters
>  Wrexham. UK

I have Avon's on my bike and still get some buffetting off semi's (large
trucks ) at interstate speeds.  I believe this is from all the air they push.
 If you move to the far left of the passing lane when approaching it seems to
be minimized. I sometimes feel a pressure change at the front also.  The
faster you go the less you feel !!

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
99 st (stealthy one)
"keep your nose to the wind"