A543 from A5 to Denbigh

>Robert you wrote:
>
>>Incidentally Keith, you gave me some advice recently regarding roads in
>>North Wales and I must say the area is blessed with some fantastic roads for
>>motorcycling. Fast with great curves and hardly any traffic. One road you
>>recommended - the A543 from the A5 to Denbigh was perhaps the best road I
>>have ever ridden - traffic free and the shape of the road visible for half a
>>mile ahead due to the lack of hedges and trees etc., when I rode it I
>>couldn't resist turning around and doing it again. - Thanks.
>
>I wrote:
>Confession time...... I've only ridden this road once on a bike, about 13
>years ago on a 125cc. I think it is well overdue a visit on the ST, don't
>you think.....

Well last night I visited this road again. The weather had been good all
day and a fine evening followed. Travelling down the A5 the sun glared
straight into my eyes. Picking out the turn in points proved a bit of a
lottery at times, but it must have been me as four other bikes screamed
past. I let them have their fun as I new mine was to follow once on the
A543 and against the direction of the fading sun.

I turned onto the A543 and started the slight climb onto the moor. The sole
car in front was dispatched with ease as the road opened out. Just to
remind me of the perils of overdoing it I passed flowers at the side of the
road indicating someone had not been so lucky. The entire road was mine for
the asking. With one eye on the road and one looking out for sheep which
may drift into my path the pace quickened. Left, right, up and down the
road twists its was over the moor. The corners vary from tight to long but
with an empty road to play on, I plotted my route. It had been a while
since I had ridden with this much enthusiasm.

Robert stated it was perhaps the best road he had ever ridden. Well, with a
statement like that I had to make the trip again. It took Robert's words to
make me go back and use what is basically on my door step. Thanks for the
reminder Robert of what I have easy access to.....

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & LongTail (00 Blue ST)"

Disclaimer:
I can't under any circumstances be held liable for any spelling mistakes
due to my dyslexic keyboard.