Join the crowd..

So I'm now a full-fledged memeber of the leaky ST club...

Here's a story, and some questions...skip to the end if you just ant the questions...

About three weeks ago, right after a service, had a puddle of dark fluid under the bike. Garage smelled of gas, but I'd also just gotten the two Ascots apart, so assumed it was partly theirs...

Back to the dealer (South Bay Triumph, where unlike Rick D, I've been well-treated up to now), who couldn't find an oil leak (which is what I'd asked them to look for)...no luck.

Back home, where I check the puddle, realize that it's gas, and back to SBT we go.

They call and explain that I've overfilled the tank, and that in the reent hot weather, the gas expanded and forced its way out.

I'm dubious, because I filled the bike in April when it was just as hot and had no leakage. But I acknowledge the potential for owner error, and take the bike home.

Fill the bike carefully, leaving headspace under the filler tube. Park in the garage. Leaks.

Back to SBT where they explain that the carbon canister used for vapor collection got flooded with gas and leaked when I parked the bike, and they removed it.

Back home, careful to leave some headspace, and leaks again. Owner of SBT, Matt (whose reliability I'm now a bit worried about based on Rick's story) tells me its simply a matter of overfilling the tank.

OK, so here's the question: does anyone else in a warm climate have any experience with heat-induced gasoline leakage? My old Speed Triple _has_ leaked when I've filled the tank to the top and parked in the sun, but leaving just a little headspace has worked. It doesn't appear to be working here...even when the bike is parked in a garage and not in the sun.

Let me know onlist or offline...

MarcD who is riding his Speed Triple for a while...