Open plea to Triumph

Triumph has let a fairly minor annoyance bloom into a horrible,
potentially disastrous, problem.

Yes everyone bitched about the fuel sender having a mind of its own, and
yes it was annoying.

I waited for awhile to replace mine. There was a rash of leaks reported
on this list, initially. But then they seemed to die down, and a rumor
floated that the first batch was no good. So I had mine replaced. Less
than 1K miles later, it was dripping. Not as severely as some, but
definitely not a good thing. The dealers will tell you not to ride the
bike (can't blame them for not wanting ANY liability here. What does
Triumph do? NOTHING! at least in the way of service bulletins or any
other means that I am aware of. I would be absolutely delighted to be
proven wrong.

As someone else on the list said a few weeks ago "Will it take a death
or a bike, or even a house to go up in flames before this is addressed?"
Nobody wants that, but if it happens, you better believe that they will
go after Triumph in court if necessary. Nobody wants that either. We
just want to ride our bikes. We don't want to have to sit around for
weeks for yet another part to arrive, then go through the hassle of
taking it to the dealer and getting it fixed (hopefully?). We just want
to ride this wonderful machine that Triumph has built.

So come on Triumph. Tell the dealers NOT to replace the old style,
non-leaking fuel senders until you have a proper fix.
Make up a plate and a foolproof seal so those that are stuck with
leaking senders can at least get the LEAK fixed. Having no fuel sender
is hardly worse than the original sender. We all now know to trust the
odometer for when to refill. Just get us SAFELY back on the roads on the
bikes we daily trumpet our love for. Is this asking too much?

For anyone with a faulty but not leaking sender, keep it. Good choice
Bench Dawg. I wish I'd made the same one.

ps I also posted this to the Triumph Feedback on their site. Hopefully
someone will wake up.

Safe riding everyone.

Red Dawg