Re: Oil Leak...HELP!

mksdouglas wrote:

> My emergency is, that tonight I went to get on my bike after
> work and looked at the Oil Level glass sight on the side of the bike.  It
> showed EMPTY!!!!  Yeah, F*&@ing EMPTY!  So i put the bike on the center
> stand and it went up just a tad, about to the bottem of the glass, enough to
> ride it home.

Mike, take a deep breath.

The bikes usually show completely empty when on the sidestand. The sight
glass is only accurate when the bike is on a level surface and is
upright, i.e. on the centerstand. As long as you can see a little oil in
the sight glass you're doing fine.

Keep breathing. Relax.

> So, for now I need to know if I can top off
> the oil with a different brand of oil, can I mix a different synthetic with
> what's left of the Triumph Mobil 1 that's remaining in the bike?

Just for future reference -- not that you're likely to need it! -- you
can mix conventional oils with most synthetic oils without a problem.
Last time I checked, Mobil's FAQ indicated there's no problem mixing
Mobil 1 with conventional oils, although they note that you'll lose some
of the "superior protection" that Mobil 1 provides.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA

End of st-digest V2000 #412