re: bugs

I've had no problems doing it the old fashioned way.
Maybe because I always keep a good coat of wax on it.

I just use water and a high-quality automotive shampoo
(like Meguiars.  With a soft-pile mitt I'll just
drench the areas most affected by the bugs, but not
really rub.  After a few minutes of soaking, they
glide right off.

Never had any scratches or problem removing any bugs.