Triumph suit

In a message dated 8/9/00 9:56:10 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I've noticed that no one has mentioned the Triumph riding suits.  I
> have one of the Frontiers set (paddock jacket and pants).  It was
> rated a best buy, and one of the few that did not leak at least
> somewhere, in Sport Rider magazine's comparrison back in the
> February or March issue.  I have not had occasion to test it for
> leakage, as it hasn't rained much here in California lately, and I
> generally don't ride in the rain anyway.
> -Keith
> '00 RS
> Fremont, CA, USA

I have one of the original Triumph 2-piece touring suits, (the one with
reflective checkerboard pattern in front of shoulders). Some people don't
like it because it is so stiff and heavy(armour everywhere including hips).
The first blinding rainstorm I got my crotch wet, but an application of tent
seam sealer (RTD silicone sealer-type stuff) to the midline crotch seam cured
that. Since then I spent 2 1/2 weeks in England and the Isle of Man-lots of
rain, and stayed dry. No vents, but I had some put in back and armpits, and
with a cool-shirt on , and front and cuffs unzipped it aerates quite well.
plus it still looks sharp (red-contrasts nicely with the black ST) with about
10,000  miles and 5 years(don't wear it around town) on it. Dave Collins, San
Diego