St vs RS

Barry:
	I have been riding an ST for almost ten months. Just did the 6K mile service. I
ride all year long.The ST and RS are almost identical mechanically. Differently sized
fairings (RS has narrower cockpit and half fairing.) Interior of RS cockpit is naked. No
panels to finsh off the instruments. Bars are slightly lower and forward on the RS.
Mirrors on the RS are not very functional. Same engine, excellent reliability and mileage
on both models. EFI and engine management system is nothing less than fantastic. Fuel
gauge on ST is crummy. The double sided RS rear swingarm is cheaper quality and a
bigger pain when removing your rear tyre. Front forks are stiffer/better on the RS. The
ST is a bit softer, but can be adjusted to do quite well. Handling/steering is just a bit
sharper on the RS, but it should not be inferred that the ST is sloppy. Brakes are great on
both models! You cannot mount the panniers on the RS. If you want to carry gear safely
and securely, this is the way to go. The panniers are the BEST in the business.
	Spend the extra $$ and get more flexibility, better protection from the elements
and the ablity to add/remove the panniers. You get plenty of  power, performance, and
handling from the ST "as is". If you want to spend some $$ for aftermarket stuff, the bike
just gets better. You won't regret the purchase of either bike, I prefer the ST.
ST's forever!
Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST
Philadelphia, PA