Talk about Karma...

Just yesterday I posted about the paranoia I have that my ST will develop an
oil leak.  Well, today I walked into the garage and there it was, a spot of
oil beneath the scooter.  I looked underneath and saw where oil was leaking
and had ran down the lower portion of the fairing on the left side of the
bike where the side-stand is.  A closer look showed a thin film of oil on
the inside of the lower fairing.  It appeared that the oil was coming from
what I believe is the connection to the shifting mechanism.  My question
is...does oil travel from th engine case to the shifting mechanism through a
metal line to where the foot shifter is?  The best I can describe the area
is, where the foot shifter connects, there is a black box about 1" by 2"
square. Connected to that is a metal line with a rubber bootie attached.
The oil seems to be leaking from that area.  Any ideas before I take a
hammer to it?
- -Mike Omaha
00' ST