Sprint ride - August 20

For you ST & RS riders in the San Franscisco Bay Area:

Here's the schedule and route for the August 20th ride.

We'll be meeting at the Park & Ride lot (appropriately named) at the corner
of Arastradero and Page Mill, just off the Page Mill exit from 280.

I will be there around 8:30, and I hope to have us rolling at 8:45.

When you exit 280, head toward the coast and it's right there, first stop sign.

Here's the rest of the route:

The first column is accumulated mileage, the second is the segment mileage.
Since this route had a lot of turns that have to be made, I'll be passing
out maps and instructions before we leave.

0	0	Park & Ride Corner of Page Mill & Arastradero (Just off Hwy
280)
8.7	8.7	Jct of Page Mill & Skyline - Continue straight ahead
12.3	3.6	Turn right onto Alpine
16.3	4	Turn left onto Pescadero
26.6	10.3	Turn left onto Butano Cutoff
27.1	0.5	Turn left onto Cloverdale
28.1	1	Cloverdale turns into Gazos Creek just past the turn off
for Butano Park
34.1	6	Turn left onto Cabrillo Hwy (Hwy 1)
49.8	15.7	Turn left onto Bonny Doon Rd. which sort of turns into Pine
Flat
56.8	7	Turn left onto Empire Grade
64.1	7.3	Empire dead ends at Lockheed Plant, make a u-turn
65.1	1	Turn left onto Jamison Creek
68.1	3	Turn right onto Hwy 236
70.8	2.7	Turn left onto Hwy 9
70.9	0.1	Turn right onto Bear Creek
79.8	8.9	Turn left onto Skyline Blvd
84.1	4.3	Continue straight on Skyline
90.4	6.3	Viewpoint at junction of Hwys 9 & 35

This route has something for everyone, fast sweepers, tight corners, smooth
roads, bumpy roads, scenic views, dramatic elevation and climate changes.
For the most part we are avoiding roads that tend to attract a lot of
traffic on weekends.

Lunch break might be at the Brookdale Lodge, we'll see how people feel.

Please RSVP to me if you're planning on coming. I want to have some idea of
who to wait for, and I'm going to bring some fuel to get us started in the
morning.

Speaking of fuel, please be sure to fuel up before arriving at the start
point. There aren't any places to fuel up between the start point and when
we get to the coast (mile 34.1).

I rode the route today and without stopping other than to take notes, it
took me about 3 hours. I would say with stops for lunch and other
activities, plan on it taking more like 5 hours.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - San Jose, CA