Tire question for John

I rode with a Pirelli Dragon GTS on the rear and a stock Bridgestone BT57 on
the front from the Arkansas rallye to St. Louis, then for a couple weeks
after until my dealer got a matching front.  They felt fine together but
there is always that worry about mismatches in compounds that got too me.  A
good rule of thumb is the front should be a 'stickier' tire than the back.
But I wouldn't endorse riding alot on mismatched tires.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

PS.  I still have the stock BT57 front, if anyone wants it.  I got 8000
miles on it, which is half life for my riding.  Make me an offer!

John wrote the following;
what is the general opinion on the safety of putting different brands of
tires front and back on the sprint?  the stock tire is getting trashed and i
would like to replace  tia
john conneely