Re: Corbin Seat?

I've got both the Corbin seat and the Genmar risers.

CORBIN - bought mine second hand from Eric Miner and I really like it.
Didn't know when I bought it that he had his custom made for his height/size
but it seems to fit me just fine, and my girlfriend definitely likes it
better than the stock seat.  I seem to ride more aggressively in the corners
with it, perhaps I feel more secure on it.  It's definitely got more of a
scoop in it for the driver's booty and I feel more a part of the bike.  Not
much room to move around on but that might be due to the custom job on the
seat.  It's black carbon fiber leather with the ghost grey welting and looks
fantastic on the black bike, I just got a matching backrest from Corbin
yesterday but have yet to get my passenger on to try it out.   --  If I had
to buy new, at new prices, I'd probably stick with the stock seat or get it
rebuilt by Sargent,  Russel, or Mayer.  The Corbin is just a little too
expensive from the factory in my opinion but you are getting an entirely new
seat rather than a rebuild on an old pan.

GENMAR - If you have any elbow, wrist, or arm discomfort at all get these
immediately!  Worth every penny....  The Corbin seat you noticed immediately
upon sitting on it, the risers you don't.  It's not until you've been on the
bike a while that you notice that you aren't in pain, they (for me anyway)
are nearly transparent as far as function and feel.  I like that, I like
that a lot.

I had both put on the bike the same day at the same time so can't tell you
which was the bigger change but I am happy with both.  My only other
reccomendation is that the stock grips are horrible and should be switched
out immediately.  New thick foam grips and my gel gloves almost completely
do away with numb hands.  I think I paid $6 for a new set of grips, which
were about the easiest custom work I have ever done to a bike short of
putting a sticker on it.