Re: Stock sounds

Bryce von Bonin wrote:

> I was going to mention the ease of using an Apple PowerBook for sound
> recording, but I didn't want to start a computer brand war (even though Macs
> are much better and don't even have a Y2K problem).

Well, I'd agree with you, but my employer gives me a nice IBM ThinkPad
600E w/ 288 MB of RAM, so I have a hard time complaining. (Didn't get
the DVD drive, though; bummer!) Actually, I used to be a die-hard Mac
person -- and would kill to have BBEdit on NT -- but all my development
tools are NT or UNIX nowadays. :-(

But back to the point: I've found a tolerable sound recording and
editing program (Cool Edit 2000), and my mic has a 12' cable, so I think
I can pull it off. I'll just tape the mic down by the exhaust and put
the laptop in a backpack after I hit record. Wish me luck!

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP
McLean, VA

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website