How sporty is the ST?

<From: " Rennay Reeves" <rennayr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<Subject: Sporty side of ST

<How sporty is the ST? I was thinking of buying one if it handles <curves
<pretty good.
<Will it do wheelies without slipping the clutch?

<Doug
<Asheville, N.C.

The ST is VERY sporty, it steers lightly and handles extremely well.  It's
one flaw is that it is sprung too softly in the front for hard sport riding
especially on bumpy roads like we have in Pennsylvania.  However, this is an
easy fix and Racetech for example has firmer aftermarket springs for the ST.
I used to ride a Yamaha 600 YZF so I have a good idea what "sporty" is!!;)

The ST will wheelie without clutch slipping as I accelerate through first
gear, wind it out shift into second and the front end rises again.  The
torque spread is excellent.  This bike makes lots of power down low so it is
easy to accelerate out of corners and maintain high cornering speeds which
will defintely have your buddies on those sport bikes with the high peaky
power bands scratching there heads!

The ST is what many would call a "sleeper"...it looks innocent and civilized
at first, but there is a ferocious beast waiting to be released from within!

Ride Safely,
Charlie

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website