RE: Sporty side of ST

IMHO, I would have to say it is a fairly sporty bike. The only things that
keep it from going to the top of a really sporty list, are the stock tires
and the suspension, both items pretty easily cured. I'll have to say this
one more time, after 27 new motorcycles, and some the most sporty, trendy,
sport tourer, for their time frame; The ST is flat the most/best all around
motorcycle made to date.

I'm still playing a bit with the Penske shock but I would not hesitate to
recommend any good shock that you can adjust the rear ride height on. Just
raising the rear ever so slightly will make the bike turn with alacrity. The
basic package is spot on, make it what you want, the absolute only place you
could possibly find fault, or want more, would be horsepower. At somewhere
in the 90 to 100 area it could leave a few people wanting more. Some,
(myself included) would always say more is good. Problem is (my opinion),
most of us can go faster and be more comfortable right in this horsepower
range if the truth were known. If you let the rear get too soft or pack
double I think you will find the front off the ground a bit more than is
conducive to rapid forward progress coming off of corners or up hills.
Magazine hype aside, the bike is perfection for this period in time.

Paul & Dee

> How sporty is the ST? I was thinking of buying one if it handles curves
> pretty good.
> Will it do wheelies without slipping the clutch?
>
> Doug
> Asheville, N.C.

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website