Sporty side of ST

Doug-
I've had the ST for about 8 months and I did my first "power wheelie" (no clutch
slipping)last week. In other words I had to be very comfortable with the bike
and had to try pretty hard. Accelerated quickly up to about 5K RPMs, chopped
thottle, instantly back to about 1/3 power and the front end lifted nicely. I
had also recently firmed up the suspension which I think made this easier.

Bottom line, the ST is no R1, but if you want to engage in hooliganism, a little
effort is all that's required (btw I have about three years riding experience).

I personally like the fact that you have to try to lift the front end. It means
there is little problem with tankslappers or unexpected lofting under normal
riding conditions.

Next comes stoppies (I guess....)

Cheers-
Brian W.

<How sporty is the ST? I was thinking of buying one if it handles curves
pretty good.
Will it do wheelies without slipping the clutch?

Doug
Asheville, N.C.>

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website