Re: Somewhat off topic

LLammer@xxxxxxx wrote:

> So, does anyone have any recommendations for a beginner bike under
> $1500, either cc or model?  I live in the US, and when it warms up
> I'll be taking the safety course, but I really don't want to sand and
> repaint my baby again, so I need a bike that'll handle a drop or two.

Tony,

I'll second the motion for taking the MSF course and then deciding on
what to do.  I only had 1500 miles on a Suzuki Bandit 600 before I
switched to an ST.  The MSF course is a MUST.  I dropped the Bandit
before I took it, and I've done much better since.  There's still the
possiblity of doing something stupid and having a drop after the course,
but the odds of you doing so go down drastically!

If after taking the course you still feel like you need to try another
bike, look at the Bandit 600s or the Seca II.  With an ST in the garage,
though, you won't be on either bike for more than a few months!

Merry Christmas!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website