Somewhat off topic

Hello everyone.  I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks to make sure this
isn't a board devoted to flaming,  and I've got to say - what a swell buch of
folks! :) I bought my red '99 ST in August, in part because of the looks, and
the great reviews.  My problem is, I have little to no riding experience,
I've already dropped the thing once :(  (If anyone wants the Standox pigment
formulation let me know, cause most shops won't stock it, custom blend).  So,
does anyone have any recommendations for a beginner bike under $1500, either
cc or model?  I live in the US, and when it warms up I'll be taking the
safety course, but I really don't want to sand and repaint my baby again, so
I need a bike that'll handle a drop or two.

Thanks,  Tony

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website